- If you don't want to use your Zonemail account, you can log into CLASS-Web and change your email address for Blackboard there.
- Create a folder on your computer, label it with the name of your class, and save all of your work there. You can even create subfolders for different types of files, such as assignments, important emails, and discussion board postings.
- Type discussion board postings into a word processor so you can check the spelling and grammar before copying and pasting into Blackboard.
- Use Microsoft Word as your word processor. If you do not have Word, access your Zonemail account to write your paper in Google Docs, then download the file as a Word document before uploading it into Blackboard.
- Always submit files using the file format required by your instructor. If your instructor does not use Word, save your files in the required format.
- Do not use special characters (@#$%&*) when naming files that will be uploaded into Blackboard.
- If you forgot your password, click the "Forgot password?" link on the Blackboard login page.
- Have at least 2 web browsers installed on your computer because if something doesn't work perfectly in Blackboard in one browser, you can try the other.
- Use Firefox as your default browser.
- Change your password periodically.
But that's not all. You'll want to read the pages linked below to ensure that you are technically ready to learn online: