Steps to identify the scope of the
Verify the network adapter
Verify physical connectivity
Verify the IP configuration
Verify network connectivity
Troubleshooting network communications
Resource access issues
Students will learn how to:
- View the status of a network
- Use ping and ipconfig to
troubleshoot network connectivity problems.
- Troubleshoot IP address conflicts.
- Troubleshoot DHCP client issues
Lecture Focus Questions:
- What is the first thing you should try
if the link light is not lit? What should you try next?
- What should you try if all of the
computers on the network are having the same problem?
- What kind of problem is likely
indicated when you can ping a device by the IP address but not the host
- What additional information is shown
when you use the /all switch with the ipconfig command?
- Two hosts report that they are using
the same IP address. What should you do?
- A host has an IP address of
169.254.0.2. What caused this?
- You are receiving an intermittent wireless
network signal. What could be causing this?
13.4.1 Common Wired and Wireless Network Issues
13.4.2 Network Troubleshooting 1
13.4.3 Network Troubleshooting 2
13.4.4 Troubleshooting Network Connectivity 1
13.4.6 Troubleshooting Network Connectivity 2
- Fix a Network Connection 1
- Fix a Network Connection 2
Number of Exam Questions
About 115 minutes