Hard Disk Labs
Hard Disk Security
1. Create a folder and a file in it. Delete the file the usual way, with the Del key.
Use Recuva from piriform.com to recover the deleted file.
3. Create a new file in the same folder. Use Eraser from sourceforge.net to delete it. Try to recover with Recuva.
For added securtiy, fill up the empty disk space with Eraser. Run Recuva. Conclusion?
No files should be recoverable.
What's filling my hard disk?
Use WinDirStat 1.1.2 - visual disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool.
Do I have duplicate files on my disk?
Auslogic defragger and file duplicate finder.
- Partition Wizard: partition manager and hard drive maintenance tool
- GParted partitions the disk. No loss of data
- Puran Defragmenter
- IObit SmartDefrag With "Install it and forget it" feature,SmartDefrag works automatically and quietly in the background on your PC, keeping your hard disk running at its speediest.
- Defraggler to defrag disks.
- DriveImage XML - create partition images
- PowerMax - HDD test
- SyncBackSE Freeware Small, free, powerful folder syncing utility, system backup
- FreeFileSync: powerful folder comparison and synchronization tool
- xmarks sync your bookmarks with add-on for Firefox and IE. xmarks.com
- QuickPar File verification and repair tool using Par2 with many options.
- RKopie Create and manage customized backup jobs.
- Fullsync 0.9.1 - file synchronization and backup tool which is highly customizable and expandable.
- del.icio.us your portable bookmarks on the web and inside your brower. Similar to xmarks above.
CD DVD Burners