Course Description and
Goals for Psychology 1
General Psychology is an
introduction to the psychological concepts underlying human and
animal behavior in such areas as learning; motivation; perception;
psychological disorders; human development; psychotherapy, as
well as others. The course is transferable to CSU and UC. Eligibility
for English 1A is strongly recommended.
The goals of the course are:
- Introduce Psychology as the scientific study
of behavior and cognitive processes.
- Emphasize the biological/physiological
foundations of behavior.
- Demonstrate the many ways an understanding
of psychological principles and concepts can be applied in daily
The main objectives of the course are:
1 Home | Contact
info | Goals, Objectives | Course
schedule | Textbooks | Grading,
Exams | Lectures | FAQs
- Introduction and demonstration of a variety
of research methods routinely used in psychology.
- Systematic introduction of the major topical
areas of psychology with emphasis on application to daily life.
- Introduction to how to recognize reliable
psychology research as opposed to "pop" psychology.
Papers/project Guidelines | Course
links | Bob Wood's home pg | Online
handbook | LPC home
| Downloads | LPC